Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Art of Architectural Pgotography 4-26-2015


Novoimago is photography that is printed on fine art paper and augmented with fine art material including charcoal, pencil, ink and gold leaf.

Throughout my years as a photographer, architectural draftsman and fine art painter, I have infused my work with the originality that expressed my aesthetic.  From my most technical architectural drawings to the oil painting abstractions I created, each focused on my continuing experience with art, my desire for excellence and my hope to reach the next level.  My passion for art has taken me on a journey that encouraged sharing my vision combined with my observations about the world with others.  It is this odyssey that brought me to the photographic art of Novoimago.

As an architectural photographer I appreciate the art that the architect creates.  I also admire the craftspeople, builders and designers of the architecture.  However, when I photograph a building, I seek to imprint my own aesthetic on it.  Working in black and white and sepia photography I am able to portray the architecture while focusing on what about it appeals to me.  I can also emphasize the features of the architecture I want to share with others through the black and white and sepia photographic medium.  The art of Novoimago allows me to go beyond the two-dimensional photograph by layering the image with fine art materials to create a third dimension.  In using such traditional fine art materials as pencil, charcoal, inks and gold leaf in the photograph, I give each image the element of depth and light that cannot be achieved through photography alone. 

Novoimago is a picture that incorporates my life’s work of architectural photography, fine art painting and architectural drawing into one photographic artwork.  Each image engages the viewer in an aesthetic experience that goes beyond traditional photography, architecture and art into a realm of subtle beauty and enhancement of form, design, and light. 

Novoimago: Black and White Architectural Photography with Fine Art Media



No comments:

Post a Comment